Friday, March 12, 2010

To Tax or Not to Tax

By now most everyone knows that Idaho is in deep trouble and so are neighboring states.
Butch has decided to market the idea that moving businesses to Idaho is a good way to help this situation.

I couldn't disagree more!

Clement Leroy "Butch" Otter - And a whole Otter love from Idaho...
by Cris Andreae on Tue, 03/09/2010 - 11:33am
program:Air Cascadia
But where's the candy and flowers? Idaho's own 'Butch' Otter must be in rut: The Guv sent a 'love letter' to businesses in neighboring states where voters have approved progressive taxes. This crie de coeur promises companies a balmy business climate just across the stateline. But what it delivers amounts to a cheap one night stand: Business tax-wise, Oregon ranks 14th nationwide. Idaho is 18th. Romance may be in the air, but 'Butch's' math is in the tank...the heart is a lonely hunter...Or as they say in Idaho, Esta perpetua...

My experience in an effort to relocate my firm in Idaho ended in pure disaster and it cost me many thousands, almost forcing my firm to fold.

No agency in Idaho set up to offer assistance to business helped in any way, and for the most part ignored my requests.

My situation is a bit different yet no one at the Idaho Tax Commission was the owner of enough of a functioning brain to understand. SO of course I was harassed for 4 of the 5 years I lived there.

Otter did help by getting an IRS document when he was in the House that proved my statements to the ITC were true but nothing changed.

The energy and money spent by the bureaucracy to cover up the illegal acts against me - and violating the Idaho Code and ITC Administrative Rules was certainly something that could have helped my cause.

Yes, another act of victimizing the victim in Idaho, cover up the transgressions of career bureaucrats at all cost, and never make it right.

Come on Butch, where's the love?

No comments: